Emilia had been assaulted since 2011: younger sister

Emilia had been assaulted since 2011: younger sister

Elisa Nani Hanafi says she received photos of injuries via WhatsApp, saw bruises on face

KUALA LUMPUR – The magistrates’ court here today was told that businessman Datuk SM Faisal SM Nasimuddin had been assaulting his ex-wife Emilia Hanafi physically for three to four years, since 2011.

A younger sister of Emilia, Elisa Nani Hanafi, 38, said Emilia had shared unpleasant stories when Faisal was at home and on October 20, 2015, her sister told her that she was physically beaten up by Faisal and shared photos via WhatsApp that she was beaten up earlier that day.

“She told me that it has been going on for three to four years (since 2011) and she did not tell anyone else…nor did she want anyone else to know. She had asked me to keep it confidential,” she said when reading out her witness statement at the trial of SM Faisal, who is charged with voluntarily causing injury to Emilia.

The sixth prosecution witness said Emilia also sent photos of the bruises on her thigh and marks on her hands, around 8pm on October 20, 2015, with torn birthday card photos she gave to SM Faisal.

“I asked her what had happened. She told me Faisal had arrived from overseas between 2 to 3pm (on Oct 20, 2015) and she had, with her son, gone to the airport to pick him up for a surprise.

“After arriving home, she cooked him (SM Faisal) healthy food, as she knew he was on a diet. She then proceeded to make him salmon with lemon sauce, avocado, olives, and spinach.

“When he was served, he threw the plate on which the food was served at her and the plate shattered. He also ‘campak’ (hurled) her (Emilia) to the floor multiple times.

“After the incident, Emilia told me that Faisal tore up his birthday card and locked Emilia out of their bedroom situated on the third floor,” she said.

The witness said she insisted Emilia tell someone who was older and wiser to give her proper advice.

However, Emilia disagreed with telling their mother about the matter because she did not want their mother to worry.

“I then begged her (Emilia) to tell someone and suggested Mak, Faisal’s mother. After persuading, she agreed,” the witness said, adding that she and Emilia finally met Faisal’s mother at her house in Bukit Tunku.

Elisa further said that Faisal’s mother had advised Emilia to make a police report, but Emilia did not want to do so because she did not want to embarrass him (SM Faisal), their family, his family’s name and reputation.

The witness said on November 22, 2015, Emilia told her that SM Faisal continued to beat her up and had asked for her help to get cops to her house in Serene Kiara immediately, as she was scared.

“I asked my husband, Carl, to accompany me to Emilia and SM Faisal’s house at Serene Kiara. I called police, (saying) that I needed (their) help to escort me to that house, because my sister was being beaten up and assaulted by her husband,” she said.

Elisa said, when she and police arrived at the house, SM Faisal greeted them nicely and one of the policemen asked SM Faisal, “Masalah apa ini?” (“What is the problem?”)

“Faisal replied ‘Masalah rumah tangga, benda kecil sahaja, tak apa, adik ipar saya sudah sampai’,” the witness said, adding that she went upstairs to get Emilia.

She added that Emilia had opened the door and looked fearful. They had also hugged and cried when she saw bruises on Emilia’s face.

The witness also testified that Emilia had asked police for help while crying and explained that she had been assaulted and beaten.

SM Faisal, 43, is charged with voluntarily causing hurt to Emilia, 43, at a house in Desa Sri Hartamas, Brickfields here, between 12.30pm and 4.30pm on November 22, 2015 under Section 323 of the Penal Code and punishable under Section 326A of the same code, provides imprisonment for up to two years or a maximum fine of RM2,000 or both, if convicted.

The hearing before magistrate Nadia Othman continues on January 5.

source – Bernama


Share This


Wordpress (0)
Disqus (0 )