EarthQuaker Devices Launch Afterneath Retrospective
To celebrate the release of EarthQuaker Devices upcoming Afterneath Retrospective, they have created an extra special custom color Afterneath v3 pedal and Afterneath Eurorack Module available for a limited time only. The Afterneath Retrospective marks the fourth chapter in EQD’s pedal documentary series, taking a deep and often hilarious dive into how some of their top-selling pedals came into existence.
EarthQuaker Devices has taken everything that was great about the original Afterneath and made it even better: 9 new Modes, CV/expression pedal control over the Drag parameter, Trails/No Trails Switching, helping to push the already unflappable Afterneath into a whole new realm.
• Special Custom Edition of the Afterneath V3
• In Celebration of the Afterneath Retrospective documentary
• Available for a limited time only
• Same otherworldly reverb algorithm built from an adjustable cluster of short delays
• Ranges from scattered individual delays to an immersive wash of atmospheric reverb
• New control over the Drag parameter with 9 unique modes of user-selectable sweep.
• Flexi-Switch™ – allows for momentary and latching-style operation from a single footswitch
• Silent soft-touch switching with True Bypass
• Tails/No Tails switching
• Voltage or expression pedal control jack for the Drag parameter
• All analog dry signal path and a totally digital effect signal path
• Powered by regular 9 V DC PSU
(centre -, 2.1 mm, ~100 mA current draw)
These new modes of operation push things into a whole new realm:
1. Unquantized: Smooth, unquantized response over the operating range
2. Unquantized with Slew: Smooth, unquantized response over the entire operating range, but with a musical slew that is reminiscent of turning the varispeed knob on a vintage British tape delay. The “Drag” will lag behind the knob or cv changes, but then quickly catch up
3. Unquantized Volt/Octave: Smooth and unquantized, yet scaled to align with the 1v/octave curve to allow melodic modulation of audio in the buffer, or control the frequency of self-oscillation like a voltage-controlled oscillator
4. Chromatic Scale: Quantized 1v/octave to the chromatic scale
5. Major Scale: Quantized 1v/octave to the major scale 6. Minor Scale: Quantized 1v/octave to the minor scale 7. Pentatonic Scale: Quantized 1v/octave to the pentatonic scale 8. Octaves & Fifths: Quantized 1v/octave to omit all but octaves and fifths 9. Octaves: Quantized 1v/octave to omit all but octaves
The Afterneath V3 features a completely analog dry signal path, totally digital delay path, buffered bypass with Flexi Switch Technology and a tails/no tails option on bypass. Each and every Afterneath V3 is built in Akron, Ohio.
Afterneath V3 Retrospective: £199.00
Afterneath Eurorack Module Retrospective: £239.00
source – Music Instrument News