After being sued for RM13 million, Ricky Martin was charged with domestic violence

After being sued for RM13 million, Ricky Martin was charged with domestic violence

A Puerto Rican judge issued a restraining order against popular singer Ricky Martin last Friday.

Puerto Rico police spokesman Axel Valencia told international media that authorities had gone to Martin’s residence in Dorado to arrest him but so far the singer has failed to be traced.

“Until now, police have not found him,” Valencia said as reported by the AP.

It is understood a complaint has been made against Martin under the Puerto Rico Domestic Violence Prevention and Intervention Act on allegations of committing domestic violence against an individual whose identity is kept secret.

Through the complaint, the prosecutor applied for a court order that Martin not contact or approach him.

In a similar development, Martin’s spokesman denied the allegations.

“The allegations against Ricky Martin referring to the court order are untrue and purely fabricated.

“We are confident all allegations will be answered when the actual facts are released,” he was quoted as saying by People magazine.

Earlier, days before the court order was issued, Martin’s former manager Rebecca Drucker had filed a lawsuit against the singer on charges of breach of contract.

The suit, worth about RM13 million, alleges that Martin did not pay a commission during Drucker’s service with him.

Drucker was Martin’s manager from 2014 to 2018 and May 2020 to April 2022.

source – AP, People

hipz.my

CATEGORIES
Share This

COMMENTS

Wordpress (0)
Disqus (0 )