A minor explosion at the Pavilion is suspected to be due to a short circuit
KUALA LUMPUR: The small explosion that occurred at the Pavilion shopping center on Sunday afternoon is believed to have been caused by a short circuit.
A spokesman for the Malaysian Fire and Rescue Department (JBPM) in Kuala Lumpur said, however, they did not receive any emergency calls from the shopping center regarding the incident.
“We have contacted the management of the shopping center building and were informed that the explosion involved the wiring believed to be due to a short circuit.
“The incident at about 6pm was successfully handled by the building management,” he said when contacted on Sunday.
Meanwhile, Dang Wangi District Police Chief Assistant Commissioner Noor Dellhan Yahaya when contacted informed that his side had not received any report regarding the incident.
On Sunday, a two-minute-30-second video showing a small explosion at the mall went viral on social media.
In the video, several officers at the shopping center put out the fire caused by the small explosion.
source – Sinar Harian